Network Launch date: Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Introducing the Sustainable Dentistry New Dentist Network –your gateway to a future-ready dental practice. In a world where resource conservation is paramount, this network offers a transformative perspective on dentistry. Curated by new dentists for new dentists, this year-long continuing education experience provides insights from a diverse array of global experts. Working together with like-minded peers, you will dive into a wealth of knowledge, including groundbreaking research in specialist areas, environmental mapping, tele dentistry, and cutting-edge insights on prevention and decontamination. Discover how small changes can pave the way for a more sustainable dental system.
Be a part of a community committed to a greener, more sustainable future—join the network for our eight engaging 1.5-hour Zoom sessions throughout 2024, where expert speakers share rich content followed by interactive discussions. You’ll receive 12 hours of CE for your participation as well as exclusive invitations to network-only events and CE at SmileCon® 2024—the ADA’s annual meeting—in New Orleans.
This network will meet on one Tuesday per month from 7- 8:30 p.m. PacificTime. For the EasternTime version of this network, search "Eco-Sustainable".
Network Learning Objectives
• Become a leader in eco-friendly dentistry and explore the cutting-edge research shaping our future practice.
• Evaluate and embrace a diverse range of sustainable dental innovations, both for integration into your practice and personal growth.
• Elevate your influence as you champion sustainable dentistry, initiating and leading discussions on local, regional, national, and global stages.
• Craft a strategic roadmap for sustainable dentistry within your practice, region, state, and with the ADA.
• Shape the future of sustainable dentistry, working with the ADA and like-minded peers from around the world to develop visionary plans for ongoing continuing education, speaker engagements, impactful social media outreach, and comprehensive resource kits.
Livestream meeting dates
• Tuesday, January 23, 2024
• Tuesday, February 13, 2024
• Tuesday, March 19, 2024
• Tuesday, April 9, 2024
• Tuesday, May 14, 2024
• Tuesday, September 24, 2024
• Tuesday, November 19, 2024
• Tuesday, December 3, 2024
Webinar link (coming soon)
In this session, you will learn about the environmental impact of anesthetic gasses from a medical anesthesiologist colleague. Explore how medical healthcare literature can be utilized in the dental space and discover practical strategies to reduce emissions and enhance sustainability within your dental practice. Gain insights into eco-friendly anesthesia options, waste reduction techniques, and ethical considerations, all while aligning your commitment to patient care with a greener, more responsible approach to dentistry.